July 27: A Special Affair

This Sunday, there is a fundraising event that my TNT friend Brian (who I find very inspirational and motivating) has set up. It's a progressive dinner party, and there are four participating Troy restaurants; McCormick and Schmick's, Maggiano's Little Italy, Kona Grill, and Morton's the Steakhouse. Because of their reduced or donated fees, they will enable TNT to raise nearly $1,500! That's awesome.

I'm excited because at this event, I will be my dad's date. I don't often get much one-on-one time with my dad and I cherish those moments. I'm also going to be joined by my friend Heather and her guest, so that should make for a fun table!

This event that Brian has organized has gotten a lot of press coverage; an article in the Troy Somerset Gazette, and another article that will be in the Troy Observer and Eccentric on Sunday. Brian asked me to be a part of that interview for the Eccentric story, and along with that was having to get our pictures taken, so that should be interesting. (I hope the editor knows how to use photoshop so they can retouch the nice "blemish" I had on my cheek that day!)

I'm eager to give you a report after the evening on Sunday is done. This event is sure to be a success, and the restaurants are already asking when they can participate again. It's amazing how people can pull together for a good cause, I think that is very cool.

Thanks to Brian, the restaurants, the ticket holders, and everyone else who helped make this event possible. I am looking forward to it!

---------

Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting two heroes in one day

My Glorious Feet

A Challenge for Change