July 11: Half Way There
I try hard to keep this blog up to date, but there are just times where hopping on the computer after work is the last thing I want to do (especially after being in front of a computer all day!). But, like training, I'm committed to keeping things going. So here we go, as boring or brief as it is today. (I've added a cute picture to spice things up though!)
Monday I spent doing my individual swim practice. I almost didn't go, but thanks to my boss, he gave me the push that I needed (and he doesn't even know it). I was going to skip and basically said that was the beginning of a bad habit if I did that, and he was right. So I forced myself to get to the pool. I'm glad I did. I had to time my sets today. All 10 sets of 250 yards hovered at around 5:15, which would equate to around a 37 minute mile. Not bad!
We had a team meeting yesterday, since it was officially the half way point of our training. Yesterday was also "recommitment day" for all of us. That was the day that we basically are all in or all out. Well, if you don't know me by now, I'm not one to ever quit, so that wasn't even an option. In fact, I'm already setting my sights on bigger races, and I haven't even raced this one yet! But that is for a different entry on a different day.
In about 15 minutes, I'm heading out to Livonia for our group swim practice. Another 3000 yards. My mentor last night said that he's guessing that I will be down to swimming a 30 minute mile before training is over. Personally, I think that is INSANE. If I get down to 34-35, I'll be thrilled! But everyone has such confidence in our swim coach, that they don't doubt it one bit. Well, that's just something else to shoot for I guess.
More later!
-----
I've raised almost $3,000 so far! Help me keep the momentum going so that I can reach my goal!!! Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
Monday I spent doing my individual swim practice. I almost didn't go, but thanks to my boss, he gave me the push that I needed (and he doesn't even know it). I was going to skip and basically said that was the beginning of a bad habit if I did that, and he was right. So I forced myself to get to the pool. I'm glad I did. I had to time my sets today. All 10 sets of 250 yards hovered at around 5:15, which would equate to around a 37 minute mile. Not bad!We had a team meeting yesterday, since it was officially the half way point of our training. Yesterday was also "recommitment day" for all of us. That was the day that we basically are all in or all out. Well, if you don't know me by now, I'm not one to ever quit, so that wasn't even an option. In fact, I'm already setting my sights on bigger races, and I haven't even raced this one yet! But that is for a different entry on a different day.
In about 15 minutes, I'm heading out to Livonia for our group swim practice. Another 3000 yards. My mentor last night said that he's guessing that I will be down to swimming a 30 minute mile before training is over. Personally, I think that is INSANE. If I get down to 34-35, I'll be thrilled! But everyone has such confidence in our swim coach, that they don't doubt it one bit. Well, that's just something else to shoot for I guess.
More later!
-----
I've raised almost $3,000 so far! Help me keep the momentum going so that I can reach my goal!!! Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
Comments