July 25: Worst Practice Ever
I don't know what was wrong today. We had a group swim practice in Livonia, and it was rough for me before I even got in the water. I felt run down and really didn't even want to make the trek out there. I was pre-occupied today with various things, and that left be a bit scattered. I misplaced my noseplugs twice before I even got in the pool, and I had to unlock my locker 2-3 times for things that I forgot (Gu, stuff for my hair, who knows what else).
When I got in the water and started my warm-up, I just felt "off". I couldn't get my tempo down or my breathing into any rhythm. And shortly after, my cap started falling off, likely because of this new goop I put in my hair ahead of time to attempt to protect my newly colored hair.
It finally took me at least 1/3 into practice to even feel like I was accomplishing anything. Fortunately, I did find my rhythm and swam decently after that.
I did have a milestone today, and that was that I swam the entire length of the pool without taking a breath.
In the end, I swam around 3300 yards. Who knows how I did it, but I did and got it over with.
I sure hope that the next time I get in the water, I'll have a better practice.
---------
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
When I got in the water and started my warm-up, I just felt "off". I couldn't get my tempo down or my breathing into any rhythm. And shortly after, my cap started falling off, likely because of this new goop I put in my hair ahead of time to attempt to protect my newly colored hair.
It finally took me at least 1/3 into practice to even feel like I was accomplishing anything. Fortunately, I did find my rhythm and swam decently after that.
I did have a milestone today, and that was that I swam the entire length of the pool without taking a breath.
In the end, I swam around 3300 yards. Who knows how I did it, but I did and got it over with.
I sure hope that the next time I get in the water, I'll have a better practice.
---------
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
Comments