What does Chuck Woolery have to do with this?

This week, I attended the Walsh College Small Business Makeover Conference. It was a nice conference and offered a lot of good networking and learning opportunities. The guest speaker taht day was Chuck Woolery...not because he is a game show host, but because he owns a Michigan-based business. (Check it out at http://www.motolures.com/.)
I had the unique opportunity to talk to him for a while, and focused on one of my favorite topics, fishing. It was obviously one of his favorite topics, too. I was surprised to hear that he had never been to the Florida Keys to go flats fishing, with all of the fishing experiences he had in his life. He was basically a fresh-water fisherman.
When Chuck spoke in front of the over 200 attendees, his topic was partnership. It was very interesting. The one comment that resonated with me in all of that was how important it is to have passion in what you are doing -- whether it is work, a hobby, or anything for that matter. Finding something close to your heart and having an unshakable passion makes any difficult journey that much easier.
It made me think about my mission with raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation. I know that I will be faced with challenges, either through raising the money that I have committed to raise, or simply getting out of bed to train on a day that I'd much rather sleep in. I have to stay focused on the big picture while holding the passion I have in my heart for this mission. I know that my efforts, and the support of all of you reading this, will make an impact in the fight to defeat these terrible diseases.
---
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
Comments