May 15: Overcoming the Aching Dogs

I'm writing from East Lansing, Michigan, home of the Spartans and the town where I grew up. I'm here on business as an exhibitor at a conference. Starting at 7am, I had to be on my feet (most of the time) and on my game. As the day wore on, my feet were getting sore, and I was thankful that I wore comfortable heals (oxymoron?).

We had an evening networking event at the Michigan Historical Society museum afterwards, which was very interesting, but again, not kind on my feet. After a couple hours, I decided to head back to the hotel and see if I could muster up the strength to do my required training for the day. After all, my schedule did say I had to run a couple of miles.

It was hard, but I did just that, and then some. I went into the exercise room focused on exceeding the minumum, and thinking about the real purpose of this whole mission, raising money to fight cancer.

I finished up having run 3.6 miles and biking 3 (my first attempt at biking). I'm TIRED. But I feel good. And surprisingly enough, my feet fell a lot better than they did in my heals. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow when I'll be on my feet for another whole day!

---

Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN

Comments

Anonymous said…
Andi,

You are a real trooper! as a veteran of more than my share of trade shows, I can sympathize on the sore feet! I once had a co-worker that swore she would put her feet in the toilet and flush after a long day at a trade show (as a massage).

Nothing like a fresh pair of shoes to help your dogs!

Keep up the good work!

JohnnyP.

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting two heroes in one day

My Glorious Feet

A Challenge for Change