May 27: Pushing Through the Rut

It took a lot to get me out yesterday. It sure is easy to get complacent and just decide to sit around. It's surely much easier to sit around than to get out and exercise! But then I wouldn't be doing anything to get closer to accomplishing my goals here, would I?

First of all, I want to thank those of you who have emailed me! Your support is awesome and very much appreciated!! I really don't think I could do this without all of you. Just so you know, I'm almost 1/5 towards my goal of hitting $5,000. That's great news, and even though I know I'm a long way away from reaching my goal, I know I can do it with your help!

As far as getting my butt off the sofa, I ended up running 3 miles yesterday after my entry (though I have to admit it wasn't too enjoyable and felt more like a chore). Today was different, though. I got up and did my swim training, swimming 1900 yards. I am pretty happy with my efforts there -- I was given a strict swim workout which I stuck to like glue. (Example: Swim 150 yards, 50 at slow pace, 50 at medium and 50 at fast pace, no rest. Only rest 30 seconds after the complete set and then do it all over again 3 more times.) I made sure to follow the rest period and to not go over the allotted time by more than 10 seconds. It made the 1900 yards go quickly, and I felt good in the end.

I'm back on track with my training, too, having made up for the days I blew off this week. Now I just need to stay motivated and keep on moving!!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Memorial Weekend!!!

--------

You've helped me raise almost $1,000 so far in the fight against cancer! Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting two heroes in one day

My Glorious Feet

A Challenge for Change