May 18: Do you know what day it is???

It's National Ride Your Bike to Work Day! Really! And though I can't ride my bike all the way to work, 26 miles away, it's still a day of celebration for me because I just received my NEW BIKE! My husband is graciously going to help me (being that he is an experienced cyclist), just in time for our first group TNT training tomorrow. I didn't think I was going to be able to go, because my husband was supposed to do a photoshoot that morning (yes, he's a photographer, and a good one at that!). But the shoot was cancelled, so it all works out. I'm really excited.

At the same time, though, I'm nervous because I blew off exercising last night. I did get in 9 holes on the golf course after work (I'm in a league on Thursdays), and I always carry my bag. But I just didn't have it in me to exercise after hacking it up on the golf course. Oh well, I've got to muster up the energy to get back on the road tonight.

On a different note, my online mentor (through beginnertriathlete.com) showed me a pretty cool calorie counter, which estimates how many calories you burn on a daily basis. Pretty interesting, check it out!

Click here for the Calorie Calculator


------

Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN

Popular posts from this blog

My Florida 70.3 Race Report -- Not Half Bad

A Personal Best, a Personal First, and a Glimmer of Hope

Meeting two heroes in one day