June 3: Biking in the Rain
Today, I hopped back on my bike and rode 17.5 miles. It was the first time that I have ever gone biking in the rain, and it was pouring down at times. I rather enjoyed it, though. The temperature was around 73 degrees, which made for a very pleasant ride. It was much more refreshing than if I would have biked yesterday, where it made it to over 90 degrees.
The only think I don't like about biking in the rain is that the pot holes get filled up with water, and it is very difficult to see them. Of course, the one pot hole that I was trying to avoid, I hit. I thought I bent my rim but it seems to be okay.
When I got back, I figured I'd get another brick under my belt (a run immediately after a ride). WOW, I just couldn't do it! I got just over 2 miles in, but I had to walk 4 times!!! It took me over a mile to even find my legs! Now I know why they call them bricks -- my feet felt like bricks and I couldn't run!
THESE are the transitions that I am worried about, and I know that they need to be the focus of my training. If not, I'll just be a mess for the triathlon. Good thing I have all summer to work on this!
Next week, I'm going to look for new shoes to address the shin splint problem. It didn't flair up today, which is good!
On a different note, I had my first international donation this week. Thank you Sven, donating all the way from Sweden!!!
-------
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
The only think I don't like about biking in the rain is that the pot holes get filled up with water, and it is very difficult to see them. Of course, the one pot hole that I was trying to avoid, I hit. I thought I bent my rim but it seems to be okay.
When I got back, I figured I'd get another brick under my belt (a run immediately after a ride). WOW, I just couldn't do it! I got just over 2 miles in, but I had to walk 4 times!!! It took me over a mile to even find my legs! Now I know why they call them bricks -- my feet felt like bricks and I couldn't run!
THESE are the transitions that I am worried about, and I know that they need to be the focus of my training. If not, I'll just be a mess for the triathlon. Good thing I have all summer to work on this!
Next week, I'm going to look for new shoes to address the shin splint problem. It didn't flair up today, which is good!
On a different note, I had my first international donation this week. Thank you Sven, donating all the way from Sweden!!!
-------
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
Comments