June 29: Like Buhttah!

Gary picked up my bike from the shop last night. The speedometer was installed, and the overall bike got a good tuneup. I was excited to ride it and the weather was perfect (60 degrees, no wind, not a cloud in the sky) so I took it out for a quick 11 mile bike ride before work this morning. WOW, this bike is AWESOME now! It's so quiet, and it shifts sooo smooth. I had no idea what I was missing before the tune-up.

The one challenge I encountered during my ride was purely because of my negligence in not pumping up the tires. They were a bit low, which made for a more difficult ride. Once my legs warmed up, though, it seemed to get a bit easier and my speed started to increase. (I'm still slow though!)

I had about 20 minutes when I got back from the ride before I had to start getting ready for work, so I decided to do a mini-brick and ran 2 miles. To my amazement, my legs didn't feel like jello! Granted, I didn't ride as far as a regular brick, but it was still encouraging for me to not feel like an elephant running down the road.

People are starting to ask me if I'm ready for the race, and if I would be able to do the race if it were next week. My answer? NOOOOO! But I'm getting better, stronger, faster. (I just wish I were bionic!) I'm finally seeing progress in my strength and endurance, and it is encouraging.

That, coupled with all of the support I get from YOU makes all the difference in the world!

-----

Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN

Comments

pacmandogbert said…
I'm just surfing blogs randomly - good luck on your training. You're much more dedicated than I could ever be.

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting two heroes in one day

May 21: My First Swim Practice

A Challenge for Change