June 23: Making Up for Lost Time
Well, it was back to team practice today, after four days of not working out. The practice was WAY overdue, and I was ready to go to work. I enjoyed riding to practice instead of having to drive, but it did make for some burning legs by the time I was done. I had a good practice, biking 36 miles overall today (20 of it in formal practice mode) and running a solid 4 miles with no walking. I am definitely proud of that, this was my first brick where I didn't walk. I am finally getting to the point where my legs don't feel like jello as soon as I get off the bike. Yay!
I stopped by American Cycle and Fitness bike shop on the way home. I'm still not happy with how the gears are shifting, so I wanted them to take a look at it. Turns out, that some adjustments need to be made to the bike overall, and if left unaddressed, would have caused damage to the bike. So I'm glad I took it in! It should be interesting how differently it rides when I get it back.
Tonight, I went to TNT team mate Amelia's house for her fundraiser, "Kegs for Cancer". She offered up free microbrewed beer in return for donations. GREAT idea, and very good beer too! It was great to see fellow TNT members (Raven, Aman and Jared) as well. The team that I am training with is so AWESOME, there isn't a dud in the bunch!
Tomorrow, I'll be participating in my first fundraiser (other than all of the letters and emails that you may have received!). I'll be manning a bucket drive at a grocery store with Amelia and Rob tomorrow. Today, the team raised over $500 in their efforts! Great job, team!
---------
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
I stopped by American Cycle and Fitness bike shop on the way home. I'm still not happy with how the gears are shifting, so I wanted them to take a look at it. Turns out, that some adjustments need to be made to the bike overall, and if left unaddressed, would have caused damage to the bike. So I'm glad I took it in! It should be interesting how differently it rides when I get it back.
Tonight, I went to TNT team mate Amelia's house for her fundraiser, "Kegs for Cancer". She offered up free microbrewed beer in return for donations. GREAT idea, and very good beer too! It was great to see fellow TNT members (Raven, Aman and Jared) as well. The team that I am training with is so AWESOME, there isn't a dud in the bunch!
Tomorrow, I'll be participating in my first fundraiser (other than all of the letters and emails that you may have received!). I'll be manning a bucket drive at a grocery store with Amelia and Rob tomorrow. Today, the team raised over $500 in their efforts! Great job, team!
---------
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
Comments