June 13: A Most Memorable Day
Gary has been out of town since Saturday. My girls and I have been having a wonderful time together, but my workout routine has definitely suffered. I decided that today I would take a day off. The girls would be in school, which would free up some time for me to clean the house, get a work out in, and run some errands. At the last minute, though, I found myself squeezing in a round of golf.
I played at Oakland Hills with two dear friends of mine (the grandparents of Luc, the young boy who lost his life to leukemia and one of the reasons why I committed to do this triathlon). As luck would have it, I made my first hole in one ever! It was such a wonderful, surreal experience, and emotional for sure. (For the golfers out there, it was the 110 yard #3 on the south course.) I decided after the round to set aside one of my errands and enjoy a celebratory glass of beer with my friends. It tasted GREAT!

A half hour passed, though, and I was off to pick up my girls from school and get them to the sitter so I could go to swim practice (and straight to the airport after that). I was worried swim practice would be affected by the beer, and in the beginning I did notice a decline in performance, but soon I was in my mode and the practice ended up quite good (96 laps).
It's great to have Gary home, the girls and I missed him a lot!
P.S. If you haven't checked in on my fundraising progress lately, stop by and visit! I know there is nothing that can bring Luc or other people who have lost their battle to cancer back, but we can certainly keep their memory alive by all working together towards a common goal. GO TEAM!!!
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
I played at Oakland Hills with two dear friends of mine (the grandparents of Luc, the young boy who lost his life to leukemia and one of the reasons why I committed to do this triathlon). As luck would have it, I made my first hole in one ever! It was such a wonderful, surreal experience, and emotional for sure. (For the golfers out there, it was the 110 yard #3 on the south course.) I decided after the round to set aside one of my errands and enjoy a celebratory glass of beer with my friends. It tasted GREAT!

A half hour passed, though, and I was off to pick up my girls from school and get them to the sitter so I could go to swim practice (and straight to the airport after that). I was worried swim practice would be affected by the beer, and in the beginning I did notice a decline in performance, but soon I was in my mode and the practice ended up quite good (96 laps).
It's great to have Gary home, the girls and I missed him a lot!
P.S. If you haven't checked in on my fundraising progress lately, stop by and visit! I know there is nothing that can bring Luc or other people who have lost their battle to cancer back, but we can certainly keep their memory alive by all working together towards a common goal. GO TEAM!!!
Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN
Comments