June 20: Trading work for work.

This week, we are having our annual open house at the company I work for. It's a great company and a great event which many people look forward to year after year. It makes for a very busy time for me, however, and it has given me a road block in the path of exercise. This is the second day in a row that I haven't worked out, and I'm 95% confident that I won't be able to work out tomorrow (nor will I want to). These last couple of days, I'll I've really wanted to do was come home and be with my family. That is nice...

As the marketing manager, I'm eager for this event. However, I'm also itching to get back on the road with my exercise. I'm feeling the pounds gain on me as I type, and I fear I may be losing my momentum.

I know I will find it though.

On a different note, I picked up new shoes today. They were special fitted and should provide me considerable more support than my other shoes (which were a year or two old) did. I'm looking forward to running on them by Friday.

---------

Check out my fundraising progress at:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN

Comments

Elysia said…
Hi Andi! I'm sure you are not putting on the pounds as you type!! Three days isn't enough time for that! You can and will get back on track. Good idea to get new shoes. When I went to get mine they told me to get new ones every 6 months, or every 300 miles. They say even if the shoes look good on the outside the support in the sole is likely worn out. Interesting huh? I have worn my shoes for years too! Thanks for blogging! Keep up the good work!

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting two heroes in one day

May 21: My First Swim Practice

A Challenge for Change