September 3: Please don't read this.

I have to fess up. I lost a bet. I don't like it, but I'm good on my word.

In August, I participated in an online wager on beginnertriathlete.com that involved the men against the women. We had to set good, solid swim and run goals for ourselves, and at the end of the month, the consolidated effort of each gender would be calculated.

My goal was to run 35 miles and swim 25,000 yards. I thought that for sure I'd reach both, but then my husband ended up getting a photography job that took him out of town, thus my schedule was thrown into a bit of havoc for a week.

I was able to hit out my run goal, but I missed my swim goal by just over 8,000 yards. That would have been two really aggressive swim practices.

That shortcoming, coupled with others from the group of females, resulted in us losing by just 2 percent to the guys.

The bet? The losing team had to update their avatar (profile picture) wearing a bikini (women) or a speedo (men). Trust me, I was looking forward to seeing the men in banana hammocks...but unfortunately, I have to post this picture instead.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'd say, "OH NO! It's my fault you lost!!" But you look so darn good in your bikini that I have no sympathy for you at all! Good luck with everything. I'm really proud of you. -- Lisa H.

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting two heroes in one day

May 21: My First Swim Practice

A Challenge for Change