A New Race, A New Start
I set up my new Team in Training page today. (Check it out at http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/andi and let me know what you think!) It's kind of a wierd feeling. Though I now have the experience of completing a race through this program, the same original fears are creeping up on me. Fears about the course (the Wildflower is one of the hardest in the country), fears about fundraising (I am starting from scratch), fears about time and life balance. I've always been one to stare fear in the face and say "you are not my problem", using that fear to fuel my desire to find a solution. I will persevere this time, too.
I won't be able to tap into the same crowd I did last time for donations (though if any of you are reading this and need a last minute tax deductable donation at the end of the year, keep me in mind!!). Sorry for the shameless plug *smile* I'm going to have to get creative this time around. I'm also going to have to set a good example, because I have officially been asked to be a team mentor for all of the new athletes that have never done a race through the TNT program. I'm really excited about that, and am truly honored to have been asked. It's hard to believe that just this May, I was in the same place that they were.
I'm proud on how far I've come on so many levels. (I couldn't have done it without the help of a ton of people. Family, friends, strangers.) At the same time, though, I'm excited to face this next challenge and look forward to that finish line when May comes around. I hope you stick around to follow me in this journey.
-------------
Help me in my mission to raise $4,000 in the fight against cancer!
Check out my progress at my new web page!!
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/andi
I won't be able to tap into the same crowd I did last time for donations (though if any of you are reading this and need a last minute tax deductable donation at the end of the year, keep me in mind!!). Sorry for the shameless plug *smile* I'm going to have to get creative this time around. I'm also going to have to set a good example, because I have officially been asked to be a team mentor for all of the new athletes that have never done a race through the TNT program. I'm really excited about that, and am truly honored to have been asked. It's hard to believe that just this May, I was in the same place that they were.
I'm proud on how far I've come on so many levels. (I couldn't have done it without the help of a ton of people. Family, friends, strangers.) At the same time, though, I'm excited to face this next challenge and look forward to that finish line when May comes around. I hope you stick around to follow me in this journey.
-------------
Help me in my mission to raise $4,000 in the fight against cancer!
Check out my progress at my new web page!!
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/andi
Comments