August 18: Back in the Saddle (Sores) Again

No, I'm not injured again. I just forgot the Body Glide during my team workout this morning. I never realize how much I depend on that stuff until I forget to use it!

We trained this morning at Stoney Creek Metropark. I decided to not follow the rest of the team (which happened to be Rob, the one other person who showed up to join Coach Kevin and Mentor Jared). They were to do a rather flat ride consisting of four loops around the park.

I, however, am eager to increase my strength, so I opted to stray from the group and take a side road to the golf course, which consisted of some good inclines. I decreased the distance to three loops, since the detour would almost compensate for the lost distance of four. I'm glad I decided to take this route. I worked hard and kept my heart rate up at around 158-160.

After I completed my run, I went for my usual run of what now is four miles. I could barely feel my shin, which amazed me! This therapy was actually be helping, and this run was proof! I ended up finishing up my run with a pace of 10:30 miles. For me, that's the best pace I've ever had when not in a race, and that included the many hills on the route as well.

I feel a great sense of accomplishment today, not just because of my workout, but because of the condition of my injuries. I'm so encouraged!!!

-------

Join me on August 19th at Dragonmead and help me raise money towards my goal!
For details, go to http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/DunCAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Florida 70.3 Race Report -- Not Half Bad

A Personal Best, a Personal First, and a Glimmer of Hope

Meeting two heroes in one day