My Admitted Love Affair - A True Confession

There comes a time in one's life when there is no sense in trying to hide the obvious. As hard as I've tried to suppress my feelings, I cannot go on without shouting this news from the rooftops.

I'm having an affair. You should have known it by all of the signs.

I've left the house as early as 6am;
I venture out to various locations, enjoying the variety of each scene;
I enjoy dips in an nearly secluded body of water;
I regularly buy new clothing to look good;
I watch what I eat to help increase my performance;
I enjoy the fact that I have built up endurance;
I complain of being sore after a long ride;
I take a shower soon after I get home...

Somebody stop me.

I must give in, I must confess.

I am in a full-fledged love affair with the sport of triathlons. I tried to cut ties with this relationship when I trained for a marathon, but all throughout the time I was running for the Dublin Marathon, I couldn't wait to go back to my true love. Triathlons are my drug, my addiction. I get such a high when I partake in them.

Up until a few weeks ago, it has been many months since I've jumped in a body of water or gotten on the saddle of my bike. I've been running, but the calling of the sport of triathlons cannot be suppressed any longer.

Like an addict being offered the most purest of drugs, I was presented the opportunity to sign up for a half Ironman through Team in Training (the original facilitator of this relationship). Yes, it's my fourth event with this program. That, too, is an addiction. The sense of accomplishment after fundraising, training, and partaking in a race for this program is beyond words, much like the love affair that evokes feelings that are indescribable. The impact all around is fantastic.

So I admit it, and I have no shame in doing so. I LOVE TRIATHLONS. I won't ever suppress my feelings for the sport again.

See you in the pool tomorrow, sweetie.

------

Follow the latest chapter of my love affair as I train for the Gulf Coast Half Ironman. All proceeds I raise for this event will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can help support my cause by visiting http://pages.teamintraining.org/mi/gctri09/andi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting two heroes in one day

My Glorious Feet

A Challenge for Change