Imagine...it's easy if I try.
I close my eyes...and I find myself on an ocean-side beach house. The last remnants of a big storm that had blown through earlier today are in the form of an overcast sky. It's 4:00pm, and the rains have finally passed. I look out through the back window, where the beach is calling my name, inviting me to run with the wind down the shoreline.
It doesn't take much to talk me into it. I strap on my shoes, get on my running gear, and head outdoors.
My feet hit the sand, and I start to stride along side the water. The sand feels soft under my feet, reminding me of a leaf-ladened trail run. The stiff wind blows against my face in a refreshing sort of way, occasionally blowing sand against my body. At times, I find it hard to get good footing in the areas where the sand is not packed down. Despite it all, the thought brings a smile to my face. I run on.
As I continue down the shoreline, I look for others like me. There is no one else, no other runner. However, I pass a number of adults and children frolicking in the sand, building sand castles, giant hills and more. Just hours before, the storm had kept everyone hostage in their dwelling. Now they are free to explore what the storm had left behind.
Only a half mile from the end of my run, something in the sky catches my eye. It's a splash of incredible color. I follow the hue along the horizon as the colors on the clouds intensify into one of the most amazing sunsets that I have ever seen. If there could ever be a rainbow held within a sunset, this is it. I momentarily stop and simply take it all in, as if I am transported into a beautiful painting. Thank you, storm, for leaving this exquisite leftover.
With joy in my heart and peace within my soul, I head back to my beach house, totally satified with this unforgettable journey...and then I open my eyes, and I find myself back in southern Michigan, where many of us are still digging out from the big storm that had blown through earlier today.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
-Taken from John Lennon's Imagine
-----------
Join me in my mission to raise $4,000 in the fight against cancer!
Donate today at my Leukemia and Lymphoma Society web page:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/andi
It doesn't take much to talk me into it. I strap on my shoes, get on my running gear, and head outdoors.
My feet hit the sand, and I start to stride along side the water. The sand feels soft under my feet, reminding me of a leaf-ladened trail run. The stiff wind blows against my face in a refreshing sort of way, occasionally blowing sand against my body. At times, I find it hard to get good footing in the areas where the sand is not packed down. Despite it all, the thought brings a smile to my face. I run on.
As I continue down the shoreline, I look for others like me. There is no one else, no other runner. However, I pass a number of adults and children frolicking in the sand, building sand castles, giant hills and more. Just hours before, the storm had kept everyone hostage in their dwelling. Now they are free to explore what the storm had left behind.
Only a half mile from the end of my run, something in the sky catches my eye. It's a splash of incredible color. I follow the hue along the horizon as the colors on the clouds intensify into one of the most amazing sunsets that I have ever seen. If there could ever be a rainbow held within a sunset, this is it. I momentarily stop and simply take it all in, as if I am transported into a beautiful painting. Thank you, storm, for leaving this exquisite leftover.
With joy in my heart and peace within my soul, I head back to my beach house, totally satified with this unforgettable journey...and then I open my eyes, and I find myself back in southern Michigan, where many of us are still digging out from the big storm that had blown through earlier today.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
-Taken from John Lennon's Imagine
-----------
Join me in my mission to raise $4,000 in the fight against cancer!
Donate today at my Leukemia and Lymphoma Society web page:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmi/andi
Comments