Oh, I've been running...
The concept of time is so interesting to me. There are times in my life where it seems to pass me by slower than a snail on a Sunday stroll, and other times it seems to flash before me faster than the blink of an eye.
Here I am, already five days into July. I don't think I have ever let so much time go without posting something. Three weeks have past with no post, and unfortunately, little update on my training.
What's my excuse this time? Simply put, I've been running around being busy. Yes, I could have found time to post something, much less get in a few hours of running, but I had other fish to fry. PMV Technologies, where I currently work, just moved their headquarters a week ago, and that ate up a bit of my time. (Wow, I had NO idea how much goes into moving a business, not to mention all the stuff in my office!)
Spending more time with my kids in lieu of running has also been enjoyable for me. The long summer days make it more difficult to persuade a 4 and 6 year old that bedtime is right around the corner. Before I know it, I'm enjoying their efforts of procrastination as much as they are, and so I opt to seize the moment. After all, life DOES pass us all by much to quickly most of the time, right?
Don't worry, I'm going to get back in the game starting TODAY. I'm headed back in renewed, refreshed, and excited to really tackle this challenge of running a full marathon. I'm doing well in my fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, thanks to so many of you. I'm up to almost $2100, and that is very exciting. I just love watching people pull together for a good cause. Now it's my turn to pull my weight and get back to training.
Comments